I love donuts so much! But we all know that the store bought conventional donuts are in now way healthy. It’s loaded with sugar and fat, and of course tasty goodness. In the last few years of my fitness journey, I’ve been tinkering around with all kinds of ingredients to find just the right balance between nourishing and delicious. Well, I found that recipe and I am thrilled to share it with you!
Sour Dough Donuts
2 cups oat flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
6 tablespoons ground coconut
2 teaspoons stevia
1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds
½ teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients, then add in the milk and vinegar mix. Stir to combine. *If too dry add water 1 tablespoon at a time until a thick batter forms.
- Portion out the batter evenly into the donut pan to six donuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotate pan halfway through. Let cool completely before serving.
- *Can be stored in the freezer for 3 weeks
If you love this recipe and what more meal and snack ideas like this one, be sure to check out my Recipe Collection here. You’ll find 25 delicious recipes for every goal and craving!